Appointments should always be available the day you want one, although the earlier you can request one, the easier it is for everyone.
There is an active policy of health checks and procedures to maintain good health. We try to treat the whole person in a way that is sometimes described as holistic - i.e. caring for the physical, psychological and spiritual needs of patients.
Acute illness and emergencies are obviously important and every possible attempt is always made to deal with such events immediately. Because such things are unpredictable they may occasionally delay routine appointments. This is rare and we are sure you will understand if it happens to you.
As well as appoinments running most hours of the day, to aid commuters, we have appointments from 7am on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings and until 7.30pm Thursday evenings.
We are happy to see our patients or give advice over the telephone. All under 5 year olds will be seen on the day.
• Appointments are for one person only
• All patients under 16 should be accompanied by an adult
• Emergency appointments should not be used for social convenience or non-urgent problems
• Please arrive on time for your appointment; late arrival may require a new appointment being booked at a later date
• Non-attendance for appointments is a persistent problem and increases the wait to see the doctor. If you no longer require your appointment please cancel in good time as this will allow someone else to see a doctor that day
Need to see a GP in the evening or at the weekend?
You can now book an appointment for urgent conditions usually managed by GP's during the evening and weekend by directly calling 020 3770 1888.
These clinics are NOT a walk -in system and are not for ongoing chronic problems such as heart disease, diabetes etc.
You will be seen by either a GP or Nurse Practitioner by appointment only.
The nearest surgery hosting this service is at Southdene surgery near the roundabout in George Lane. Appointments are available from 6.30-10pm Monday - Friday, 9-5pm Saturday and 9-1pm Sunday.
This surgery is a member of Healthbridge Federation who are providing this service for our patients.
Doctors in Training
As the Centre is a recognised teaching practice, students and doctors in training will occasionally be sitting in on consultations with the doctors. If, however, you wish to be seen alone, a quick word with the receptionist will ensure you can do so without embarrassment.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.